History

Vision and Innovation Spirit

Holz Pichler was decisively influenced by the vision and innovation spirit of the multifaceted entrepreneur Erich Pichler. With caution and vision he laid the foundation for a prospering sawmill and wood processing business.

  • 1946 – Hans Pichler establishes the sawmill with 12 employees and a cutting capacity of around 6.000cm per annum.
  • 1965 – Son Erich Pichler enters the paternal business. After 1 to 2 years, he assumes the management.
  • 1966 – Complete destruction of the sawmill by a flood desaster
  • 1967 – Reconstruction by the employees and gradual modernization of the company
  • 1987 – Installation of the first manual finger jointing line
  • 1992 – Commissioning of the gluing plant and manufacturing of the first sandwich products (wood/MDF)
  • 1996 – Erich Pichler, together with Microtec, develops the first X-ray scanner for wood
  • 2004 – New construction of the administration building
  • 2007 – Formation of the new company site plant 2 „Holteg
  • 2009 – Commissioning of the first fully automatic cutting robot
  • 2012 – export rate of 15% and revenue of around 12m. Euro
  • 2013 – Sudden death of company director Erich Pichler
  • 2013 – Michael Gilli (nephew of Erich Pichler) continues the business
  • 2014 – full automation of finger jointing lines
  • 2015 – transition to a fully paperless manufature/li>
  • 2016 – new construction of 4 additional high performance drying plants, the drying capacity now stands at 13 chambers with a capacity of over 1.500m³ per cycle
  • 2017 – export rate of over 60%, revenue of around 17m. Euro